Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Food Addict Rambling

So yesterday while roaming about in Whole Foods, i was passing by their (wonderful) cheese section and noticed that they finally had the Colston Bassett Stilton back in stock! SO HAPPY!
Oh how i missed this melt-in-your-mouth blue cheese. Its full of flavor, very strong and rich without being too "sharp and overpowering." And its from Neals Yard Dairy no less! "Farm cheese from the British Isles." I would love to visit one of their shops some day, sounds like a dream I'd never want to wake up from.


Anyways, i ended up not only buying lunch but also a sliced loaf of freshly baked sweet batard, and a jar of croatian Organic Adriatic Fig Spread! I absolutely adore this fig spread, just the right amount of sweet to go with my cheese and toasty bread. I wonder where the nearest place to pick figs would be...

1 comment:

violette said...

i hate blue cheese ;-(

but nice to hear from you!